Wednesday 13 June 2012

Number 40. May 11th, Always Sunny in Sussex.


May 11th, Always Sunny in Sussex.

I’ll mow your lawn
So it’s neat to sit awn,
And the stripes make you feel like a Major.
I’ll bring out the booze,
And teach you to lose,
By making you agree to a wager!

You’ll probably bet
That it’s sometimes wet,
On May the eleventh now and then.
But on that very day,
I can pretty safely say;
In fifty years I’ve known not when!

This year ‘till May ten
It poured and just then,
In the morning the sun burst on through.
All day it stayed dry,
I knew perfectly why;
And I could have had that bet with you.

If you take a look,
It’s a good day to book
A party, or an outdoor event.
Check back on the years,
If you have any fears;
You’ll find it's an effort well spent.

So next year remember,
(Not in November),
But when you’re tired of April showers;
If for weeks it rains,
Till it overflows the drains,
There’ll be sun on May 11th for hours!

© Stephen Saunders

To book Steph'nonsense for a rhyming evening:
bowleyfarm@gmail.com or 01428 741212

Agent / publisher wanted.













No comments:

Post a Comment