Saturday 2 June 2012

Number 23, Joey


Saturday 19th May

I have no idea where this next one came from, it is one of those odd ones that appear out of nowhere and give me a bit of a surprise.   One minute there is a blank page and the next, there it is.

Number 23


Joey

Joey is a wannabe;
Right now he’s just a wallaby.
But there is something you don’t know;
Deep inside he wants to grow.
He sees you children getting taller,
Which only makes him feel much smaller.
Once he told me for a laugh;
He’d love to be like a giraffe!
But even then he knew he ought,
To be content just being short.
I don’t like to see him sad,
I hope you don’t think this is mad;
Maybe we could help him to
Grow into a kangaroo!


© Stephen Saunders

To book Steph'nonsense for a rhyming evening:
bowleyfarm@gmail.com or 01428 741212

Agent / publisher wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment