Saturday 2 June 2012

Number 31. Sneezing


Tuesday 29th May today, Day 34 I think, so I am 4 behind unless I rattle a few off tonight.   I have been thinking about busking the rhymes, in Covent Garden or somewhere like that, but this takes a lot of courage I think.  I am also thinking about printing a collection of them which will always be incomplete.  So I thought of giving it a title page something like this:

The Incomplete Works
of
Behind The Wheel

Silliness, nonsense and deeply profound rhymes

by Stephen Saunders


Agent, publisher, illustrators wanted

Bookings taken for entertaining readings and talks by the author

bowleyfarm@gmail.com

07758 555 6796

Number 31, Had a few probs with the computator today, so not sure what's what.  Hope this goes in OK.


Sneezing. 


I’m really fond of sneezing; I do it quite a lot,
And very often find I do it nine times on the trot!
I’ve no idea why it should be the cause of irritation,
But my wife insists upon immediate cessation!
Her sneezes only come in ones, or at the most in pairs;
To all concerned they really are most trivial affairs,
But when they creep into my nose they take on quite a status;
Seven coming all at once, and then a brief a hiatus.
Two more then follow as a rule, by which time I’ll have heard,
All I need to on the subject from my darling bird!
The truth is I enjoy my sneezing, and I feel that I,
Should have the benefit of any sneeze that might be passing by!
I don't wish to silence them, or even hold them back,
I’ve developed their expression into quite a serious knack.
But her indoors is not amused, and she regards it badly,
I know she thinks it rather rude, like farting, I think sadly.
The fact that hers are small and single is really more her loss;
Of course I wish it otherwise, but you know who’s the boss!

© Stephen Saunders



To book Steph'nonsense for a rhyming evening:
bowleyfarm@gmail.com or 01428 741212

Agent / publisher wanted.



No comments:

Post a Comment