Wednesday 11 July 2012

Number 60, Really Mad!


Number 60, only 305 to go!  I have discovered that there are other people using the name Steph'nonensense, so I am looking for another nom de plume.  Meanwhile I shall use my real name, Stephen Saunders.

Please make sure to read number 54, and send me some illustrations for the first collection of these rhymes. 


Really Mad!

I’m really very mad and cross today,
And furious to even feel this way!
I got out of the wrong side of the bed;
Bad thoughts were crashing round inside my head…
If anyone comes close enough to see,
The red mist in my eyes, then they would be
In danger of a verbal drumming out!
I might not hit them, but quite likely shout,
And give them such a shock, with so much bile
They’ll go away believing that I’m vile!
I’m almost incandescent now with rage,
There is no way that I can act my age,
I slammed the car-door five minutes ago,
So hard it even made an air bag go!
The bang was very loud and I was shocked,
A passer by who saw it smirked and mocked!
This got my pressure up another notch,
‘Cos when I’m mad I want no-one to watch….
No matter how beside myself I am,
I realise I am a silly man,
And in an hour or two I’ll go and drown,
My temper with a beer, and I'll calm down!

© Stephen Saunders

To book Steph'nonsense for a rhyming evening:
bowleyfarm@gmail.com or 01428 741212

Agent / publisher wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment