Tuesday 3 July 2012

Number 54, Do a Doodle Do!

Do a Doodle Do!

Can you draw or can you paint? 

Can you colour, tint or taint? 

Pen and ink, in black and white,

Illustrate the things I write?

Are you in a class at school? 

Do you find painting really cool? 

Sketching cartoons inspire you? 

Do you like to doodle too?

I would like to hear from you...

There is much that you could do 

Something you could help to fix: 

Please send me your lovely pics.

All my rhymes need pictures done; 

Loads of them for every one, 

Crawling all across the pages, 

Doesn’t matter what your age is!

I will put them in my rhymes, 

So everyone can look sometimes. 

You will have your name on yours; 

As will everyone of course.

Make them silly, make them bright, 

Make them all a crazy sight. 

Send the ones to which you laughed, 

All my rhymes are pretty daft!

One day there will be a book, 

So all the world can get a look 
At the pictures that you drew; 

You might end up famous too!

Come on everyone join in, 

You won’t know till you begin, 

What might happen if you do; 

Someone might just notice you!

© Stephen Saunders

To book Steph'nonsense for a rhyming evening:
bowleyfarm@gmail.com or 01428 741212

Agent / publisher wanted.












No comments:

Post a Comment