Saturday 18 August 2012

Number 85, The Miracle Cure

The Miracle Cure!

I feel so sad that I could cry,
And so darned tired that I could die...
I feel as wilted as a flower,
And can’t go on, I’ve no more power.
Call me dejected, down at heart,
Broken, wretched, pulled apart,
Footsore, weary, awfully cold;
My aching joints are feeling old.

But here’s my wife to cheer me up!
In her hands a steaming cup;
Is it coffee, is it tea?
No, chicken soup she has brought me!
That’s all it takes to make me feel,
A lot less glum, less down at heel.
In fact it gets me quite excited,
With chicken soup I am delighted;
There’s nothing better as a cure,
When you are 'lying' at death’s door!

© Stephen Saunders

To book Stephen for a rhyming evening:
bowleyfarm@gmail.com or 01428 741212

Agent / publisher wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment