Sunday 12 August 2012

Number 82, Sunshine!

Sunshine!

It’s not as dark as yesterday,
It’s brighter now in every way;
The gloom of long weeks past has lifted,
The grime and dust and dirt has shifted.
Sunshine pours into my room,
The cactus now might start to bloom,
Everything is looking brighter,
And my mood is so much lighter.
I can see the garden now,
And through the hedge I spy a cow,
Looking back at me, or so
It seems, as she walks to and fro.
The grass and leaves are stunning green,
More so than was the way I’ve seen
The garden now, for months or years.
The cornfield shines with golden ears,
And insects glisten as they fly
In lazy summer sunshine by.
Why is this now? I hear you say:
The window cleaner came today!

© Stephen Saunders


To book Stephen for a rhyming evening:
bowleyfarm@gmail.com or 01428 741212

Agent / publisher / illustrators wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment