Tuesday 16 October 2012

Number 120, Nobody's Fool!



Radovan Karadic is accused of war crimes committed in the Balkans after being found in hiding.   

Nobody’s Fool.

Everyone loves Radovan;
He’s a kind and gentle man.
When Radovan goes off to war,
We need not worry any more;
He loves all his enemies,
So when he’s got them on their knees,
Instead of executing them,
He’s simply photoshooting them!
In fact like any media thing,
It’s cardboard cut outs, dummies, string;
The blood you see is only fake,
It’s sauce he gets his wife to make.
He’s a man we all can trust;
In the limelight he’s been thrust,
Against his wishes, modest man,
Reclusive poet, Radovan!
Ethnic cleansing, what is that?
All I did was clean my flat.
I’ve got lots of Muslim friends;
One takes care of my split ends!
Come and sit here on my knee;
Everybody’s grandpa, me!
I don’t know what you are saying,
I’ve never taken part in slaying;
Sleighing maybe in the snow,
Jingle bells, a horse to tow
Me to the place I was abiding,
All the while that I was hiding.
Not because I had done wrong,
But so that I could write a song
And dance, a riddle and a rhyme…
To get me out of serving time!

© Stephen Saunders





No comments:

Post a Comment