Saturday 6 October 2012

Number 113, A Permanent Cure for Athlete's Foot!



A Permanent Cure for Athlete’s Foot.

There’s not much worse than itchy feet;
(Of course there is, there’s chicken pox!),
But all along we all could beat,
It, not by simply washing socks…

The doctor’s seem to all agree,
That frankly there’s not much to do;
That athlete’s foot (to you and me),
Always will revisit you.

They prescribe an ointment that,
Clears it up occasionally,
But after decades I’d say; ‘Fat
Lot of good it has done me!’

All the time something quite simple;
Not a cure but a prevention,
Will keep in check each itch and pimple…
Something of my own invention!

When you wash your feet each day,

The rest will follow shortly....

A permanent cure for Athletes Foot and other fungal skin problems.

I am an amputee and for twenty one years have had to carefully manage itchy skin infections that occur on my leg stump as it is encased in a silicon lined sock to prevent chafing in the artificial leg.  Every so often a fungal infection would break out as a result of perspiration not being really thoroughly cleaned away each day.  The itching would drive me mad, and the medical profession suggested ointments you are no doubt familiar with; Canesten, Fucidin, Pevaryl and such like.  These had varying degrees of success but the infections always returned, and I noticed they were almost always in exactly the same places. 

I realized that keeping everything clean was the most important thing I could do preventatively, and every day I bathed and washed the silicon lining with soap.  This was still not enough, and one day ..... The rest will follow







No comments:

Post a Comment