Thursday 27 September 2012

Number 106, Sucking His Thumb


Sucking His Thumb!

Rufus Two Legs found a leech,
He and his sister found one each;
Genevieve did not want hers,
It’s not something that she prefers.
But Rufus thought it really fun,
To have them sticking on his thumb!
He ran back home to show his dad,
Not knowing if he had been bad.
Genevieve said he might die,
But Rufus said that was a lie,
They’re only little, just like slugs;
(At risk of death Rufus just shrugs).
I’m not scared I think they’re cute,
And anyway, it’s quite a hoot,
I can feel them sucking me,
It tickles quite a bit, let’s see
What they would feel like on my tum,
At which point he ran into mum!
Oh my Lord what have you there?
Don’t come near me, don’t you dare,
Get those things out of my sight!
And by the way, are you alright?
Course I am, Rufus replied,
If I was hurt I would have cried,
Oh yes, of course, silly me,
His mum relaxed and let him be;
Just don’t go bringing them back in,
Except to put them in the bin!

© Stephen Saunders

1 comment:

  1. Good to see Rufus in action again, kids can be the source of much amusement.

    ReplyDelete