Monday 5 November 2012

Number 123, Superman.

Superman.

All I really wanted ever,
Was to do my bit,
To save the world and show how clever
-ly I had done it!

Watch this space, I think I can
Claim to have a scheme;
I think I have a simple plan,
Along this kind of theme...

The world is struggling in debt,
A tale of boom and bust;
Without me things are going to get,
Much worse; so I must

Pull my cape and black mask on,
Fly to the planet’s aid;
Bring something I’ve been and gone
And brilliantly made!

Don’t ask yet, I’ve just invented,
Something that will do
More or less the way I meant it,
To save the world for you!

It is a secret just for now,
But just you wait and see;
Within a while you’ll all know how,
The world was saved by me!


© Stephen Saunders






2 comments:

  1. Good to see a couple more poems Stephen, I thought you may have quit, which would have been sad to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Peter,

    Never quit, just poorly! The energy I need for my brain got diverted!

    ReplyDelete